<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14058325\x26blogName\x3dChiswickite++-+formerly+The+Croydonian\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://croydonian.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://croydonian.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2605630255414466250', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

What men know about women

Yeah, yeah, the world's shortest book. Anyway, I have an answer, after a fashion, although it only applies to the French, as those nice people at pollsters CSA have been asking occasionally impertinent questions of the Plain People of France. What is of greatest interest is that they asked women which three things they most wanted, and asked men what they thought women wanted. And lo, and indeed behold, there is a bit of a disconnect between the two:


So, women want more time with friends and family, workplace equality and then more time to themselves. Chaps got the first two right, if in the wrong order, but 'vanting to be alone' was reckoned only joint fifth, along with more attention from men.

And what is more, we now know not just what women want, but what Trot women, Gaullists, Liberals and so forth want. Factlet of the day, maybe month, has to be that 19% of female Trots rate more male attention as important, compared to 10% of women overall. Trot men are achingly right on, relatively-speaking, with 14% thinking that is what their comrades want, compared to a male norm of 24%. I don't really need to type out the waspish aside, do I? Green women feel much the same - 13%, but Liberal ladies have their minds on higher things or are fighting them off with a stick at 3% to the 10% female norm. Their male counterparts get it horribly wrong - 30% think the ladies want to be pursued, compared to the male average of 24%. Green women are the ones who most rate 'having time to take care of themselves' as key, at 54% to a norm of 37%. While I am pointing vaguely in the direction of a few archetypes, note that Gaullist women are those least likely to stress time with friends and family at 45 to 58 overall.

I do hope they do a reverse of this survey, but I can't see it happening, frankly. And if they did, I bet our dear friends with two X chromosomes would not rate 'being left alone while I watch the football / rugby / Tour de France' as that significant. Or 'quality time pottering about in the shed / den / study' etc

Labels: ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment