<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14058325\x26blogName\x3dChiswickite++-+formerly+The+Croydonian\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://croydonian.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://croydonian.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2605630255414466250', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Just what is it with socialists and rubbish?

I ask, because of this:

Ms Buck: To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what percentage of its targets for recycling waste each London borough achieved in (a) 2006-07 and (b) 2007-08.


Dan Norris: For the period in question, local authorities had one statutory recycling target consisting of two parts: Best Value Performance Indicators (BVPIs) 82a (household dry recycling rate) and 82b (household composting rate). 

Norris gave the figures, which I have played around with, and the two councils with the worst track record of rubbish production are Labour controlled Tower Hamlets and Newham, with recycling rates of  13% and 14%.  So presumably the other 87/86 % goes to landfill or wherever.    Top of the class are Bexley and Harrow at 42% and 40%.  Guess which party runs the show there.

Anyway, matching recycling rates to council control in 2008 (taken from here), the chart looks like this:




It would be utterly remiss of me not to note that Islington is only 18th out of 33.
Put another way, here is the recycling rate by party, plus the City and the perennially popular 'No Overall Control':


 





Labels:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Pavlov's Cat said... 4:36 pm

Just what is it with socialists and rubbish?

I think it's more to do with their pathological obsession for insisting everything be labelled and put into discrete boxes, people most of all  



» Post a Comment